Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Going against my nature.

WC9

I'm not a winter creature. When the wind starts to blow cold, I retreat under snuggly blankets with neverending cups of tea. I hate to be cold (and I seem to have been cursed with cold-naturedness) so I would hibernate all winter if I could. Hibernating is wildly underrated in my opinion. I might wake up to watch a snowfall or two--from the safety and warmth of the great indoors, of course. It's beautiful, yes, but it's just as beautiful from the other side of a window.

WC10

So then, it goes against any logic, and really my very nature, that we went to the battlefield on a snowy Saturday last weekend. We drove the winding roads through snow-covered fields--stopping now and then to hop from the car to snap some photos, and run back, chilled and giggling. Freeze and thaw, freeze and thaw. Winter might have claimed a little piece of my heart.


WC7

WC8

WC8

7 comments :

  1. These are some of my favorite of your images. If winter=this beauty, you need to embrace the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, thanks! Snow makes everything more photogenic. :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are crazy beautiful. Snow is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying to get better about taking my camera on adventures. ;)

      Delete
  3. oh wow, these are gorgeous!I think I prefer this kind of winter to ours right now - so windy, grey, and so much rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate the cold, but I figure if I'm going to be freezing, at least give me some snow so it's pretty. ;)

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful photos! I love the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished