Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January's Favorite Reads

Here are a few of my favorite reads from January (and one from the very end of December because it was so good and I do what I want. Hashtag: rebel.)

"What They Don't Tell You" at Mushaboom. This is so important, you guys. So so important.

"Mademoiselle You Must Meet // Jenn Fortner" at The Skinny Luv.  I love the idea behind this series! Too often, women feel the need to tear each other down out of some ridiculous illusion of competition or to buffer the self-esteem that society chips away at daily. It is SO refreshing when to see women highlighting the inspiring ladies in their lives and raising each other up like this.

"Our Engagement" at Floral Mountains. Gosh, I just love love. I'm so envious of engagement photographers, especially ones that can capture pictures like these. Some of them also were taken in the exact same spot as some of our engagement photos, so warm fuzzies all around, ya'll.

"Gold Moon Wall" at A Beautiful Mess. I love this. Love it. Will I ever be gutsy enough to try to pull it off? Doubtful, but I'm going to admire it regardless.

"DIY Dream Mobile" at Freely Ronnie. I have always been a collector. I would wander off into the woods and come back with quartz-laden stones, handfuls of feathers and leaves, and bouquets of wildflowers that set my mom into an allergic fit. This little project is so nostalgic and whimsical--it's perfect.

"Hexagon Tray DIY" at Always Rooney. Courtney consistently produces some of my favorite DIY projects, and this one is no exception. Girl makes me want a garage full of power tools.

"White Painted Floors in the Bedroom" at The Room Journal. I have a serious crush on these floors. They make everything look so crisp and clean. Few things have given me house fever like this post. Love love love.

"Lighting Tips and Tricks for Bloggers and Photographers" at Making Nice in the Midwest. I'm always looking for photography tips; I recently bought a DSLR and believe me, I need all the help I can get! Some good stuff here.

"Project Life for Noobs" at Caylee Grey. Okay, so this *technically* was posted at the end of December, but as a recent convert to Project Life/scrapbooking in general, I found this so incredibly helpful that I had to include it (especially since I didn't do a Favorite Reads post for December. Blame the holidays!). Caylee rocks at PL, and I soak up any bit of wisdom she posts.

So those are a few of my favorites from this month. Any great posts you know of that didn't make the list? Send 'em my way! I'm always looking for new great blogs!

2 comments :

  1. Jess your words are seriously so kind. I'm so glad someone liked my project! :] And I'm looking forward to checking out some of these other favorites. But in the meantime..I'm going to shoot you an email because I think you're awesome and I wanna chat!

    xo ronnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore your projects! Also, I'll email you back in the next couple days! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished