Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Walt Disney World 2019: Day Two

Man, I think I'm still recovering from the whirlwind that was day two of our Disney trip (you can read about day one here).  Three parks in one day is not for the faint of heart, but I was convinced that Tyler needed to experience Tower of Terror, Flight of Passage, and Epcot (which is neck-and-neck with Magic Kingdom for my favorite park). We started out at Hollywood Studios and rope-dropped Slinky Dog Dash; the line was still crazy, but we waited maybe 30 minutes, and it was definitely worth it. I say "it was worth it"; I actually hated it because I was terrified the entire time, but Tyler loved it...mainly because I was terrified the entire time and he thought it was hilarious. He's a peach, I tell ya. In retrospect, it wasn't that bad, and I'd probably do it again now that I know what to expect, but at the time, whoa boy. 


After conquering surviving Slinky, we popped over to Woody's Lunchbox for breakfast--I LOVE their breakfast bowl. I tried to talk Tyler into getting it as well, but he went for the turkey breakfast sandwich instead. He liked it, but did agree that the breakfast bowl was the way to go. Small victories. Ha! We finished up our breakfasts, and then I dropped Tyler off at Tower of Terror while I did a little browsing in the stores on Sunset Boulevard. We met back up for Star Tours before heading out to the next park. 
Onward to Animal Kingdom! This was a fairly new experience for me, too; I'd been to Animal Kingdom once before, but just for Pandora and at nighttime (which is incredible). It was fun to have a little bit of time to explore. We did the Kilimanjaro Safari, essentially a ride-through zoo (worth it for the baby giraffe alone!) and Tyler conquered Everest. I couldn't talk Tyler into a character meet, so instead we explored the park and ate our weight in popcorn until the grand finale: Flight of Passage. Honestly, I don't even like Avatar, but that ride is absolutely mindblowing. I can't even describe it. I had come home raving about it after my last trip, so Tyler was super excited to ride it. There was a moment where I was worried I might have hyped it a little *too* much, but that was a completely unfounded concern. Tyler is still talking about how amazing it was. Definitely a must-do if you're visiting Animal Kingdom (but use those FastPasses, because otherwise the wait time is consistently 3-4 hours+). 
When we got off Flight of Passage, we made a beeline for Epcot. We had plenty of daylight left, but I wanted to get through all the countries before it got dark so that Tyler could have the full experience; it was also Festival of the Arts, so there was a ton to see and do. We had dinner reservations at Rose & Crown, but we decided that we needed the full festival experience, so we stopped at some of the food booths. The sushi donut and taiyaki in Japan were definite favorites. 



We ended the night in my favorite place: the UK pavilion. We ended up leaving before the fireworks because I wasn't feeling great and we had a 3:30am airport pickup, but all in all it was a fantastic day. For someone who had never been to Disney until a little over a year ago and never considered myself a theme park person, I sure have become enamored with this place. I guess I need to start counting down until my next trip! 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished