Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Walt Disney World 2019: Day One


Last month, Tyler and I took a trip to Walt Disney World: my third trip and his very first! Even thought I'm far from a Disney expert, my other two trips were taken with a Disney expert, so I felt pretty confident in my ability to navigate the parks and pick things to do that Tyler would enjoy. (Not going to lie, though, I still had Haley do all our reservations and I had her on speed dial, just in case!)

We flew in on a Friday afternoon, and headed straight for Disney Springs for the evening. I was a little surprised at how much Tyler liked it, considering it's really just a shopping district, and he's not a big shopper. I'm pretty sure it was the Irish pub food and the three-story Coca-Cola store that won him over. :) We didn't stay super late, since we were planning to be out before the parks opened the next morning, and I also wanted to enjoy some down time in our resort, since it was my first moderate resort experience--Caribbean Beach. I'm usually a value-resort kinda gal (all the heart eyes for Pop Century), but there was no availability for our dates, and honestly, I loved it. Is it weird that now I kinda want to stay at a different resort every trip until I experience them all? 


Saturday morning we headed straight for Magic Kingdom. We rope-dropped Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and then headed for Haunted Mansion (my favorite forever and ever if you couldn't tell from my outfit!). Then we grabbed a quick breakfast at Sleepy Hollow and snapped a few photos around the park before our first FastPass (umm......Haunted Mansion. Ha!).  The park was busy, but not unbearably so, and we also managed to ride Under the Sea, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, and Space Mountain (although Tyler did that last one alone since I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to rides). In between, we visited shops (Memento Mori 4ever) and ate snacks--and made a visit to the famous "purple wall" for some instagram photos, of course. 
We had lunch reservations at Be Our Guest; I've been to Be Our Guest twice for dinner (and looooove it), which is a table service, but lunch is operated sort of like a quick service. You order at a kiosk, are given an RFID tracker, and find a table; the tracker then tells the cast members where you're located so they can deliver your food. I ordered a carved turkey sandwich, and Tyler got the croque monsieur--oh my word. I don't even like ham, and I had to hold myself back from stealing his sandwich. Mine was good too, but his was on another level. He said it was definitely the best thing he ate the entire trip.

Of course, we stayed for the fireworks. Crowds are nobody's favorite thing, and the crowds for the fireworks are always brutal; it's so worth it, though. It's been over two weeks since we were there, and I still catch Tyler singing "Happily Ever After" (don't tell him I told you, but he's also been listening to a Disney fireworks playlist at work!). It's safe to say that the Lafferty household has two Walt Disney World converts. ♡

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished