Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Miracle KC Pop-up

Social media is not without its faults, but it's unparalleled when it comes to spreading the word about amazing things happening in my city. My friend Leeann heard about a  pop-up Christmas bar on Instagram and we quickly made plans to go. I'm a total sucker for a good theme, but Christmas? I never stood a chance. 

Tyler and I had been running errands in the city when Leeann texted me to tell me she was done early for the day and asking if I wanted to meet up earlier than planned--she had also tried to talk Tyler into coming previously, and now he had no excuse not to tag along! We ended up outside  Miracle a full hour before it opened, so we ducked into Rockhill Grille, the restaurant downstairs, for a late lunch. It turned out to be a good thing that we decided to go early, because by the time Miracle opened there were about 15 people waiting in line outside in the cold to get in!  We quickly snagged a table and soaked in the Christmas goodness and the delicious drinks; we each ordered different things so we could all try as many as possible. The first drink I ordered, the Gizmo, ended up being my favorite of the day--and one of my favorite drinks I've ever had. At $12, it wasn't cheap (although it was one of the least expensive cocktails on the menu), but to be honest, it was so good that I'd happily pay that again.  

It was busy the whole time we were there, but not packed--and we were a little surprised considering the level of hype it had been generating and the fact that it was a weekend. When we left, however, we realized why--there was a line outside, and staff was limiting the number of people coming in. Super crowded bars are just miserable, so I definitely appreciated that policy--it meant that I could easily move around to snap some photos and the staff could get drinks around to everyone quickly (and in one piece!). I'm planning to go back with some more friends before it ends, and I may not appreciate that policy as much when I'm the one waiting in the cold (ha!), but today it was perfect. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished