About a month ago, a friend of mine from grad school posted a "Reverse Life List"--kind of like a bucket list, but backwards. Instead of listing all the things you want to do before you die, you list the awesome things you've already done in your life so far. I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in going, doing, seeing, and accomplishing that I forget to stop and remember the things I've already been lucky enough to see and do in my life. With my 28th (eep!) birthday rapidly approaching, I thought it would be the perfect time to show a little gratitude for the full and happy years I've had so far. Here's my 28.
1. Eat fish & chips on the coast of England.
2. Ghost hunt in a castle.
3. Do humanitarian work in another country.
4. Work with kids with autism.
5. Get an advanced degree.
6. Touch a waterfall.
7. Have a book collection.
8. Go to a red-carpet movie premiere.
9. Fall in love.
10. Go to Harry Potter World.
11. See Old Faithful erupt.
12. Snorkel in a Caribbean reef.
13. Go skiing (without killing myself).
14. Watch a concert from backstage.
15. See Haystack Rock (GOONIES, ya'll!)
16. Walk on a movie set.
17. Go snowshoeing.
18. Eat a donut from VooDoo Doughnut.
19. Be in a play.
20. Record a song.
21. Have a pint in an English pub.
22. Own a piece of history.
23. Get a tattoo.
24. Sing on stage at the Ryman Auditorium.
25. Go to the Field Museum in Chicago.
26. Start a record collection.
27. Swim in a sinkhole.
28. Never stop learning. So far, so good.
I'd love to see your reverse bucket lists! If you decide to do it, leave me a link so I can check yours out!