Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Hever Castle Grounds

Looking back on our trip, I think I could have easily extended our stay and spent a week just at Hever; there was so much to see and do--so many nooks and crannies where a person could just while away the day in the beautiful surroundings. After exploring the castle and gardens, we wandered around the grounds, taking in every angle. 

One of the perks of staying in the Castle (which, in itself, is a dream) is that after the grounds close to the public, they are still open to guests--even past dark. After dinner we stopped by the front desk; the night manager gave us a flashlight and told us to have fun exploring! We took a walk around the lake, found a tucked-away waterfall, and even saw a red fox jump into the weeds by the shore. Our whole experience was perfect from start to finish. I can say without a doubt that every time I go to England, I'm going to try to find a way to stay at Hever again. Maybe eventually they'll just let me move in....?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished