Thursday, April 7, 2016

Vinyl Love: Crybaby



Crybaby by Melanie Martinez

In three words: quirky, theatrical, unsettling (but in a good way)

Favorite tracks: Soap, Pity Party, Dollhouse

The weirdest, yet most fascinating aspect of this album is how seemingly contradictory it is. The sound is saccharine, almost infantile, but the lyrics can be dark, at times even bordering on disturbing.  As a result, you have something rare--pop music that's interesting. I mean, hey, I enjoy a good, mindless pop song as much as the next person, but pop isn't generally my go-to if I'm looking for a good story. But Crybaby provides one anyway, and I love every second.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished