Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Snow

The past couple years, I've really fallen in love with winter. I don't know if it's the fact that Kansas City tends to see more snow than Springfield (which has more of a tendency toward ice--yikes!) or if it's that, working for a school, there is the magical possibility of snow days. Whatever it is, winter has really grown on me, and it might be giving autumn a run for its money when it comes to my favorite season. It's not that I love the cold, but the cold does make certain things more enjoyable--like long hot baths and curling up with a blanket, a book, and a big cup of tea. Winter is kinda an introvert's heaven.  And really, doesn't everything look so much better coated in a thick blanket of fluffy white snow? 

The day we snapped these photos, we woke up to a winter wonderland, and I felt a little bit like a kid on Christmas--when you go to bed, the world is one way, and when you wake up, it's sort of magically transformed into something else. I always feel different too.  It's strange, the way something as simple as precipitation can change your whole mood, but I don't mind it--I think I'd love to wake up every morning and feel like I've stepped into a fresh start. Hopefully we have a few more weeks of winter weather left, and I'll take all the snowy mornings I can get (and all the snow days too)!



Shirt: Target // Pants, coat, scarf: F21 // Boots: Madewell // Beret: Urban Outfitters (several years ago; similar here ) // necklace: VillaSorgenfrei on Etsy)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished