Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Juneau

If Skagway was a quaint little Alaskan town, Juneau was every bit a city (right down to the drunken man on the sidewalk yelling obscenities). In a lot of ways, it felt like it could have been any number of American cities, but there was still a definite Alaska feel. As I mentioned in my post about  Skagway, it was really important to me to find geniune local shops to support on our trip, so we started out strong with a visit to a coffee shop to get our bearings (and the best chai I have literally ever had). By far, my favorite shop was the post office--no, seriously! It was housed in an adorable shop called Kindred Post, and I could have spent all afternoon (and a serious hunk of cash) in there. 


It ended up being pretty rainy on and off during our few hours in Juneau, so we kept it pretty low-key; I left my camera and Go Pro on the ship, so there's no video for this post (sorry!). Even in the rain, though, it's a gorgeous view, and definitely a city I'd like to explore more. Maybe someday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished