Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Epcot

On our trip to Disney (click here for part one and part two), Haley and I spent a day in Epcot--it just so happened to be the Food and Wine Festival, Epcot's 35th anniversary, and my birthday, so it was quite a day! 

After riding Soarin', which was breathtaking, we met up with Billy again for a few minutes--he actually stood in line for some 35th anniversary merch and snagged some for us too! Afterward, we parted ways and started our food tour around the world. :)
Looking back, it's so hard to choose what the best thing I ate was--basically everything I tried was delicious! Some of my top picks were the Belgian Waffle (photo below) Indian Bread with various dips, Charcuterie in a Cone (Spain, photo far below), Spicy Hummus Fries (Morocco), and the Irish Cheddar Cheese.  Even though the portions are pretty small, it's easy to fill up pretty quickly because there are so many options, so Haley and I split everything so that we could try as much as possible. 
.....except the Hanson beer. We both decided we had to try Mmmhops on principle. I don't really like beer in general (although there are a few exceptions!), so I should have known better, but it was wayyy too bitter for me. It worked out well for Haley, though! Haha!
As expected, my very favorite part of Epcot was the UK. Luckily, it was also one of the bigger areas--and I was in heaven! I also got quite a few comments on my "British ears" from the employees, all of whom are from somewhere in the UK. It was a great conversation starter; I spent quite a bit of time talking with a guy in one of the shops about UK immigration policy! #nerdalert
There was even a miniature replica of Hampton Court Palace! My heart. We had dinner at the Rose & Crown Pub, which was absolutely perfect, and our waitress was the sweetest ever. She found out I love the U.K. and that it was my birthday, so not only did she hand-write a list of all the places I should visit in Scotland, but she also had every employee sign a menu for me and write the town they were from. It completely made my birthday. 
We ended the day with full bellies, happy hearts, and a monumental fireworks show. Sharing a birthday with Epcot is pretty darn awesome. 

+++

If you're interested in a Disney vacation of your own, Haley offers Disney planning services absolutely free of charge through Travel with the Magic. Visit her blog or shoot her an email at haley@travelwiththemagic.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished