Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Plantation Crunch Recipe

You know those foods from your childhood that are irrevocably attached to Christmas? Especially those recipes that your grandmother always made? I don't know about you, but I kinda always assumed that they were way above my culinary skill. I mean, if a grandma is making it, it must have at least 3/4 cup of magic in it, right? One of those recipes from my own childhood is a Christmas candy called Plantation Crunch; my grandma still makes it every single year and boxes us up a good portion to take home with us. It's my very favorite--so much so, that I actually asked her to make it for my wedding! She gave me the recipe recently, and I was a little bit shocked at how simple it seemed. So I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try and it really was that simple. If you're looking for something easy for a last-minute office potluck or Christmas party, look no further. 




Ingredients:

+ 1 package vanilla almond bark
+ 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
+ 3 cups mini marshmallows
+ 1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter

Directions:

In a large bowl, stir together Rice Krispies and marshmallows; set aside. Melt almond bark according to the directions on the package (I use the stovetop method). When fully melted, add peanut butter and stir until well-blended. Pour mixture over marshmallows & Rice Krispies; mix well. Spoon onto parchment paper and allow to cool thoroughly before removing. 

+++

That's it! Pretty darn easy, right? The whole process is also really quick, although the cooling time was longer than I expected, so keep that in mind. I made a double batch to take to two different functions this week, and it was a hit all around. Looks like I'm earning myself some more granny cred.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished