Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween at Disney

Earlier this  month, my friend Haley and I went to Walt Disney World--my first trip there! (Side note: I highly recommend going on a trip to Disney with your Disney vacation planner, and I also highly recommend that your Disney vacation planner is Haley.) Our trip coincided with my birthday, Epcot's 35th anniversary, the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and all of the Halloween festivities. I have some other posts planned about our trip, but since today is Halloween and all, I thought I would talk a little bit about Halloween at Disney. 

I'm one of those people who's always been sort of torn on Halloween; there are things I love about it (like ghosts, witches, dressing up in costumes, and general Victorian-style haunted creepiness) and things I hate about it (like clowns, being truly afraid, and slasher-style gore). Basically I'm more of a Hocus Pocus kinda gal than a Friday the 13th kinda gal, is what I'm saying....which means Disney Halloween is right up my alley.



The Halloween deecorations around the park were so adorable--like these Mickey pumpkin lanterns.  We decided to forego costumes for some Halloween shirts, since it was still super warm when we went. It was also bit rainy, so they weren't entirely visible the whole time, but our Mickey ears were out in full-force. When in Rome, right? Coming to Disney for the first time, I really had no idea what to expect, but they definitely do holidays right.
Our first stop for rides ended up also being my favorite: The Haunted Mansion! I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed with it; I missed out on buying a vinyl picture-disc of the soundtrack while we were there, so after we got home I tracked it down and ordered it--I love it THAT much. When I mentioned all the things I love about Halloween, The Haunted Mansion is basically all of that in a nutshell. It's also the only ride we rode more than once--we used two FastPasses on it!
Some of the other Halloween-ish highlights were the Not-So-Scary Halloween party parade--although the "Boo to You" song is still stuck in my head a month later!--the Halloween fireworks, and the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular. I saw Hocus Pocus in theaters when it first came out and it has always been one of my favorite movies, so seeing the "Sanderson sisters" in person was definitely one of the very best parts of the trip (and probably my life, if we're being honest...). 

Even though I think Christmas at Disney would be amazing, our Halloween trip is going to be really hard to beat. I'm trying pretty hard to convince myself that I don't *need* to go two years in a row--but Haley and I have already talked about making this an annual girls trip, so it's really out of my hands now, right? Happy Halloween!

+++

If you're interested in a Disney vacation of your own, Haley offers Disney planning services absolutely free of charge through Travel with the Magic. Visit her blog or shoot her an email at haley@travelwiththemagic.com.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished