Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Music Favorites


2016 has really been a mixed bag. In some ways, it's been a really crappy year--I mean, we got off on a bad foot when Alan Rickman died last January (and I still can't talk about it without tearing up), and it definitely didn't earn any favors with election season. I lost some childhood icons this year, a couple of friends, and also a lot of faith in humanity. I've been boiling-point livid and overwhelmed in sadness. In other ways, though--my first summer off in years, a Portland/Seattle trip, making some new close friends, and absolutely loving my job--I've had one of the best years of my life. I've had days of radiant happiness, and most days an overall sense of contentment that I've never felt before. Maybe it's the Libra in me, but I tend toward thinking that balance is best--acknowledge the bad, but focus on the good. And in the spirit of the latter, I'm going to focus on the best new music in 2016 (at least in my opinion).

This is always my favorite post of the year--partially because I like being able to look back on what I listened to over the past 12 months and compare it to previous years' playlists, but also because I get to hear your recommendations. I love finding new artists & albums, so leave any good suggestions in the comments--whether they came out in 2016 like these, or they're old favorites that you can't stop listening to. Happy 2017!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished