Monday, February 1, 2016

Favorite January Posts

Happy first day of February! I've been not-so-secretly praying for a snow day tomorrow, but it's looking less and less likely. Darn the weathermen up here, getting my hopes up for a decent downpour. So it looks like I'll need to find another way to start February off on the right foot. Although, with February being the month of guitar in my 2016 Creative Resolutions, that probably won't be too hard to do. My husband (and our neighbors!) might disagree, but hey, it's a short month. ;)



Before I get too much into February, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite posts from the January blog world. I'm always looking for new reads, too, so if you have any recommendations, leave them in the comments!
Image made with Retyped app


Learn to Crochet: Chunky Blanket at Always Rooney. I have attempted knitting and crochet in the past, with....um....laughable results (and that's being kind). This blanket might just convince me to try again, though. It's SO gorgeous and cozy-looking.


Bohemian + Scandinavian at The Room Journal. First of all, Layne is my style-spirit animal. When I read this post, it was like she was in my head. I love clean white space, naturals, and neutrals....but I also love eclecticism. I actually have a blog post cooking in the back of my brain about how I've been struggling to "find my style" so to speak, and this post was so comforting. It made me realize that I don't necessarily have to pick a side.

Honesty at Adventures in No Man's Land. Oh man. If you don't relate to this post, I don't know if you're human. I find myself so often trying to find the balance between positivity and authenticity here in this little space.

How to Keep a Travelogue at Caylee Grey. Man, if I would have only had this post ten years ago. I went to England with the best of intentions of keeping a travel journal while I was there. I was so caught up in seeing everything, though, that I collapsed into bed exhausted at the end of every day. As a result, I'm left with one page of pseudo-poetic feelings about the anticipation of being in the United Kingdom and the experience flying into Heathrow at night. The next time I go (spoiler alert: starting to make serious[!!!] plans!), this will be my memory-keeping guide.


Happy Birthday and Nonsense About Me at Skunkboy. I could not love this more. It goes back to what I talked about up there with "Honesty"--the positivity/authenticity balance. Katie navigates this so well--showcasing the beautiful parts of her life, but being unafraid to address the less-than-perfect parts head-on. So much respect for this, and her.


Binge List: Documentaries at Practically Perfect. First of all, I could not be happier that Haley is back into blogging again. Secondly, this list might start an addiction for me. We already watched "We Always Lie to Strangers" and if you're from the Springfield/Branson area, it's really a must see. Lots of my Branson stereotypes were shattered--and others were very very much confirmed. :)

Shibori Tie-Dye Cloth Napkin Tutorial at A Beautiful Mess. As if I needed another craft to add to the list....but seriously. These are so pretty, I might have to move them up to the top.

Ten Things to Tell Yourself Instead at Deer Circus. I know it's only January, but I might just go ahead and declare this my favorite post of 2016. It is literally perfect. I'm working on being a little kinder to myself.

Any favorite reads from January that you'd like to share?








1 comment :

  1. I choked on my hard cider when I saw my post on there! Thank you! And I love these posts that give me new blogs to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished