Tuesday, January 19, 2016

National Popcorn Day

If ever there was a holiday made for me, I'm pretty sure it might be today. Apparently it's National Popcorn Day, because there now exists a holiday for everything possible, and I'm more than happy to play along with not thinking it's utterly ridiculous.

Okay, it's a little ridiculous.

But hey, I love some popcorn, and I make it (the old-fashioned way, cause my momma raised me right) at least a couple times a week. For dinner. I eat popcorn for dinner. But it's not always the same old thing every time--I've managed to try a few different seasonings in my time, and I thought I'd share some favorites in case you're looking to up your popcorn game!

1. Classic. Good old melted butter--because sometimes you just need something classic, comforting, and artery-clogging in your life. Melt and pour, melt and pour.

2. Ranch.  So simple--just sprinkle some dry ranch dressing seasoning over popped popcorn. A little goes a long way, though, so be sure test a piece or two before sprinkling more.

3. Salt & Vinegar. This is my love language. Vinegar powder + salt. Tied with the ranch for the easiest (and most addicting) way to eat popcorn.


4. Cinnamon-sugar. If you need some sweet with your popcorn, combine the melted butter with a little cinnamon + sugar.


5. Spicy: Add a little cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to melted butter before pouring it over your popcorn (I didn't say these were going to be healthy!)


Any other popcorn fans with good recipes out there?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished