Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving + a Recipe

Happy Thanksgiving! I am extra thankful this year that I work in a school system and can take full advantage of the holiday schedule. :) We're having dinner with my sister-in-law and her family, so I thought it would be a good excuse to whip up my go-to quick dessert: Butterfinger Pie. (Don't worry, we're having pumpkin pie too!)

When I was in high school I had one of those weird best-friend/boyfriend relationships; we were both from small towns where there really wasn't much to do, so apart from swimming in ponds (ick ick ick, what was I thinking?) and discussing the great mysteries of the universe as only teenagers can, we spent a lot of time with each other's families. His grandma was one of my favorite people on the planet, and she gave me her super-secret recipe for Butterfinger Pie. I have no idea where it came from--I only know that this was a world pre-Pinterest, and I got it from a grandma. So you KNOW it's good, right? Bonus: it's also quick and easy to make, and only requires 5 ingredients. So if you're a procrastinator, I've got you covered.

 Ingredients:
1 block cream cheese (8oz)
1 tub of whipped topping (8oz)
1 cup sugar
2 Butterfinger candy bars (you can get king size if you're feeling naughty)
1 graham cracker crust




 Blend together cream cheese, whipped topping, and sugar. Crush Butterfingers. (I usually hit them with the handle of a butter knife while they're still in the package--it's less messy that way.) Add crushed Butterfingers to the mixture, leaving a small amount set aside to use as topping. Mix thoroughly until a whipped texture is achieved--I recommend using a hand-mixer or stand-mixer.  Pour into graham cracker crust, using a spatula to evenly distribute. Sprinkle with remaining Butterfinger crumbles and refrigerate until ready to serve.


I generally make this the night before so that it can refrigerate overnight. You can eat it immediately, but I've found that letting it refrigerate for at least an hour or more gives the Butterfinger time to permeate and really enhances the flavor. Happy Turkey Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished