Monday, November 23, 2015

Catching Up


I don't know what is more embarrassing: the fact that I have so many months of absence to catch up on, or the fact that there really isn't much that happened in those months. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably think that all I do is study, pet my cats, and take Lush-sponsored baths (Note: Lush doesn't actually sponsor me, but Lush, if you're reading this, you can totally sponsor me). To be honest, that's not been far off the mark, but a few things have happened around here since I stopped blogging consistently. So here's a quick catch-up.

01// I studied. A lot.

02//We moved to Kansas City in September. I wrote a little bit about this before and shortly after my move, but it was quite the process. Rental hunting was an....um, adventure, and I ended up living with my very generous sister-in-law and her family for a month before we officially "moved." Honestly, I loved staying with them and had a blast, but my brother-in-law is probably glad to have his "man cave" back. :) Thankfully, we--and all our things--have our own place now. Confession: half our stuff is still in boxes, two months later. That's my next project....

03// I started a new job. It's so funny; I swore in high school that I wouldn't be a teacher or work in a school because my mom was a teacher and I saw all the struggling, bureaucracy, and general BS that she had to deal with. I saw how hard she had to fight just to be able to do what was right for the kids she taught. Well, it's 2015 and I'm not a teacher....but I do work in a school district. **Life tip: never swear you won't ever do something.** The thing is, though, I really really really love my job now. There are a lot of things about the move to KC that have been less than ideal, and there are a lot of things I miss about Springfield, but this job is one thing that will definitely keep me here. I could see doing this for a very very long time.

04// My grandmother passed away about a month ago after a long battle with Alzheimer's. I debated about whether or not to even post about this here, because I have a lot more to say about this than can be captured in a paragraph embedded in a catch-up post. It also seems to flippant to just casually mention it in a list of life events. I decided to, though, because it happened, and it affected me--probably more than anything in recent memory. It's still affecting me, and I'm still processing it.  I may very well be for a very long time.

05// I turned 30. That is so weird to say. Cognitively I know it, but there is nothing about me that feels 30. Maybe it's because there was so much going on around my birthday that we didn't really celebrate it or maybe that's just the way it is with getting older now. But hey, I'm in the 30 club. No shame.

Hope you all have a great Monday (is there such a thing?)!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Many hugs <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished