Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Day in the Life

I've seen these floating around the internet for awhile, and always thought they'd be fun to do: a photo an hour for a whole day. The problem, as it turned out, is that I'm incredibly forgetful, so even if I remembered to start in the morning, I'd take about two pictures and then it would totally slip my mind for the rest of the day. I'm not one of those people who is always thinking about my blog content when I'm doing things, so a lot slips by undocumented (honestly, Project Life has helped more than anything else with that!). It's strange, though--the more I document my life, the more I appreciate it. When I was doing my Project Life pages for the week, most of the journaling talked about what an "awesome" day it was--even though it really was a very typical Friday for me. I'd like to do it again sometime now that I've started classes. Anyway, as crazy as it sounds, this was legitimately a challenge, but definitely a fun one!I If you do it (or have done it) yourself, leave me a link in the comments! I'd love to check it out (and I'm a total nosey Nancy).

I decided to do this a few weeks ago on one of my solo days off, since--although I think it would be interesting to show you a day at my work-- privacy laws won't let me take pictures of the cute kiddos I work with. So this is a pretty typical Friday for me. (*Note: These are all iphone photos, for the simple fact that I didn't feel like lugging around a DSLR all day and fielding questions about why I was taking pictures of random things.)

Untitled



7 o'clock hour: I usually wake up sometime after 7:00, mainly because Tyler is up and around and I feel guilty (if left to my own devices, I'm more of a 1pm kinda gal...). Generally I whine a lot, and there's some internal struggle regarding actually physically removing myself from my bed. This day was no different.



8 o'clock hour: After I pried myself from the warm comfort of bed, I ended up on the couch because waking up is really hard. I snagged Henry for some cuddling and television, because days off are for being a little lazy, right?

Untitled

9 o'clock hour: Somewhere after nine, I started to feel guilty (#weirdo) that I'd just been sitting on the couch for over an hour, so I got my happy little self moving, fed the cats, ate breakfast, and took a shower.

Untitled

10 o'clock hour: So, by the time I started putting makeup on, it was after 10. I'm slow getting around on the weekends. Don't judge. I dried and fixed my hair, put last nights/this mornings dishes in the dishwasher, and did a little tidying up around the apartment before I left.

Untitled

11 o'clock hour: First stop was one of my favorite flea markets--Urban Market. Every once in a while I pop in just to take a look at the furniture....but I usually end up wandering around the whole store. Like today. That place is a total time-suck. While I was there, I got a tweet from Haley about some new goodies at our favorite scrapbook store, so I added that to the agenda, too!

Untitled

12 o'clock hour: I was getting a little hungry, so I stopped by Elle's for some iced coffee....and macarons.....and truffles....and an apple almond tart. (I am doing AWESOME at this whole eating-healthier thing.) But HEY, I only ate the tart and drank some of the coffee, and saved the rest for later. I mean, that's got to be less calories than a whole freaking lunch, right? *shifty eyes* Then I popped by a local used bookstore and headed to Target for a few things (mainly chickpeas, because I am freaking addicted).

Untitled

1 o'clock hour: Against my better judgment, I went to the mall. I can't decide if I went because it was tax-free weekend, or in spite of it, but I really needed some new jeans. I still need some new jeans, because I bought shorts, a skirt, a cami, some shoes, and a hat, but no jeans. Darn you Forever 21.

Untitled

2 o'clock hour: From the mall I headed toward home, and stopped by Scrapbook Generation. My wallet was weeping when I left, but I was a happy camper.

Untitled

3 o'clock hour: I arrived back home, put on pajama pants (judge me, but I never wear *real* clothes at home unless I'm expecting visitors), and immediately became a cat chair. So I snuggled Oliver for a while, and then started on chores.



4 o'clock hour: Laundry began a little after 4. It was a dark, dark time in my life.

Untitled

5 o'clock hour: At this point, I'm still alternating between cleaning and being a bum on the couch. #reallife Finally, Tyler gets home around 5:30.



6 o'clock hour: We decided to head to the library, which has become sort of a weekly ritual for us. Tyler has discovered that the library carries comics, so.... :) I have discovered the sweet lavender latte from the Mudhouse location in the library center. It's pretty amazing.

Untitled

7 o'clock hour: We drove around town a bit, just talking, because we weren't quite ready to be home.

Untitled

8 o'clock hour: We started miss our little fluffbutts, so we started for home. We did have to pull over just once so I could snap a photo of the sunset.



9 o'clock hour: Tyler decided to play some video games, so I ate my macarons from earlier, flipped through some magazines, and painted my nails.

Untitled

10 o'clock hour: We popped in Catfish, which I had been dying to see, but had never watched because it isn't on Netflix or Amazon Instant. Tyler, in his passionate love for the library, said to check and see if they had it, and sure enough! We had to go to the north side to find it, but since we were driving around aimlessly for a while anyway, it wasn't a big deal. We watched it and Forensic Files until we couldn't keep our eyes open, and then dragged ourselves to bed.

Whew! That post was a lot longer than I thought it would be, but it was so fun to create! Thanks for taking a peek at my day! Gold star if you made it to the end. ;)



4 comments :

  1. 1- Love that your library has a coffee shop... I feel like that should be a requirement of libraries! 2-Love that nail color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this day in the life post - i can relate to not wearing "real" clothes at home haha. xo yelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished