Tuesday, July 29, 2014

5 Favorites: Skincare

Today I'm kicking off a new monthly series called 5 Favorites. Each month I'll feature five of my favorite items in a specific category (betcha didn't see that coming, didja?). It will cover everything from beauty products to television shows to Etsy shops, and will run until........well, until I run out of ideas. :) Let me know if there's something specific you'd like to see! In the meantime, we'll start with my five favorite skincare products:

imageedit_45_3112503994



1//Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: I worked for a dermatologist a few years ago, and this was the face wash he recommended to everyone. I had really bad acne at the time, so I snagged a few samples and was sold. It's one of the few cleansers I've used that actually leaves me feeling clean--not greasy or dried out.

2//Ponds Dry Skin Cream: Maybe it's boring, but it's holy grail for dry-skinned babes like me. It's thick, rich, and clean-smelling.  It does take awhile to soak in, so I wash my face first thing in the morning and put it on; by the time I get dressed and eat breakfast, I'm good to go with makeup. I've tried a ton of drug store and pricey moisturizers over the years, and this is my favorite by far.

3//Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair: Earlier this year I started to notice some *gasp* wrinkles starting to surface. After the tears had dried and the horror abated (I'm kidding guys. Wrinkles, sminkles.), I did a little research and founds lots of favorable reviews for Rapid Wrinkle Repair. I decided to pick some up, and I'm not kidding when I say that I noticed a difference within a week. This little blue bottle will forever be in my skincare arsenal.


4//Mary Kay Timewise Microderm Abrasion Set:  This makes my skin feel sooooo soft. I always feel like microderm abrasion leaves my skin vulnerable, so I love that it also has replenishing serum. I've had professional microderm abrasions done, and while I wouldn't put this quite at that level, it's darn close.


5//e.l.f. Studio Eye Fresh: This stuff just feels sooooo good. I use it morning and night for a little extra nourishment on that sensitive skin around my eyes. It's hard to beat for $3 a pop!


What are some of your skincare must-haves? I love trying out new stuff!

3 comments :

  1. LOVE Cetaphil. My aunt's dermatologist recommended it to her as well, and I've been using it for the past few years. It's crazy, because as soon as I switched to something else, my skin went absolutely NUTS.
    When I'm not using that, though, I use the Body Shop's Aloe Vera face wash & eye cream. My skin freaked out a while back after using the Say Yes to Cucumbers makeup remover wipes, and that was the only thing I used that calmed the redness & the itchy/flaky skin around my eyes.
    Stinking love talking about this kind of stuff. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I need to try Cetaphil next time I run out of cleanser. I'm always looking for a new one, and I'm glad this comes highly recommended! I feel like my skin is always dried out after I wash it in the shower, and I know that's terrible.

    Also, my mom sells Mary Kay so I should look into buying the Timewise Microderm Abrasion Set from her. (Two birds, one stone!) Thanks for doing this post (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use #3 and love it! And I'm intrigued about #5, I might have to pick some of that up the next time I'm out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished