Thursday, June 12, 2014

Nathan Boone

A couple weeks ago, Tyler and I made the short drive to the Nathan Boone homestead. The park attendant said it normally took only 20-30 minutes to see, but we somehow managed to make a couple hours of it. I'd say a good chunk of that time was consumed by talking to a sweet old couple who cultivate a garden near the house. They offered us some onions while we were there; they said it functions essentially as a community garden, and whatever they pick goes to the local senior center. The rest of the time, we explored every little thing along the trail, and I (of course) snapped some photos of our little adventure. And by "some," I mean, "too many," so I'll show a few here and part two will come soon!


7

16

10

9

8

White legs, no shame.

11

Tyler was not happy about having his picture taken, and he would only make this face. So......naturally I put it on the internet anyway. Wife-1. Husband-0.

14

5

1

2 comments :

  1. I grew up in Ash Grove, but have actually never visited that place! Your pictures are beautiful. I might have to finally check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super neat! You could easily whiz through it in half an hour--we just tend to try to experience every little bit. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished