Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week Weirdness and La Television.

The past week was.....weird. We had a bunch of crazy winter weather that led to a snow day on Monday and a really slow work week after that. Our afternoon program closes if our local school district is closed--which it was, every day except Wednesday--and all of my individual clients were either sick or iced in. Of course, I had to be at work anyway, so I spent most of the week scraping together things to do for ten hours every day. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice way to ease back into work after Christmas break, but having almost three weeks without a typical work day kinda threw me off. Hopefully this week will have me back in the swing of things, and that will be reflected in a bit more regular posting schedule around here.


Okay. Now on to more important things.

I wish I could say that my weird work week led to a lot of productivity, but really I just watched a ton of television and took some naps. #reallife #ijusthashtaggedablogpost I know that binge-watching SVU and Catfish isn't that exciting, but (1) Downton Abbey is baaaaaaaaaack and (2) Tyler and I just starting watching THIS:

Untitled

Yeah, yeah, I know--I'm way behind the curve on this one, but we don't have HBO, and I'm generally disinclined to spend $50 on a television season if I don't even know whether I'll like it or not. (Although since Game of Thrones is based on the Wars of the Roses, I should have known.) I started asking around, though, and not one single person had anything but glowing reviews....plus Best Buy had the first season on sale for $30, so we jumped on the bandwagon. Well, we ran for several miles to catch up TO the bandwagon, and then jumped on. Boy, though, are we sold. We were totally hooked within--literally--the first three minutes. (Side note: I've heard GoT jokingly referred to as "Dragons & Boobies" and while I can testify to the generous amount of boob shots, I'm still waiting for the dragons. Also, Jason Momoa looks like a centaur.) 

So back to Downton Abbey (because apparently not blogging for a week means I'm totally scattered and just going to jump from topic to topic, mmkay?): who's watching? Downton is my jam. I was glued to the television last week, and we're just a couple hours away from seeing me wrestle the remote (or, from the looks of it, the Xbox controller) from Tyler. Hooray! If you're a fan, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this season so far. I jotted a few of mine down last week and thought I'd share them (mainly so I can laugh at how they'll undoubtedly change over the course of the season). No spoilers, don't worry!

1) Lord Grantham is getting on my nerves so far this season. What's with the cranky-pants?
2) Mrs. Hughes is the most underrated character on television. I love her friendship with Carson.
3) Mosely was seriously breaking my heart. Actual tears, you guys.
4) HOLY ISH THAT NANNY!!!!!
5) Rose is t-r-o-u-b-l-e. 
6) That last moment with Carson & Mary--perfect. More actual tears.
7) If Julian Fellowes kills another character, it has sure as heck better be Thomas. Does anyone actually like that guy?
8) Maggie Smith is utterly brilliant. Dowager Countess always. 
9) I really really really just adore Carson.

Anyone else? I hereby grant my permission for the comment section to become a full-fledged geekfest for Downton (or Game of Thrones, whatever). If you're a UK reader, just know that here in the States, we're only watching episode two tonight, so please, no spoilers! 

1 comment :

  1. 1- I agree, he's so old fashioned... get with the times man! 2-I secretly want a Mrs. Hughes/Carson romance to blossom but I'm not sure that will happen. 3- Poor poor Mosely. 4-Ick. I thought Thomas was just starting trouble... did he know, or was it a coincidence? 5- I'm not sure how I feel about Rose yet... 6- I love the Mary/Carson dynamic. SO good. 7- I do nottttt like Thomas. I wish he would have left with O'Brien. 8- Love Maggie Smith, but she will forever be McGonagall in my heart. 9- Ditto. :)

    Never watched GoT... Have always been curious about it though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished