Friday, December 6, 2013

Currently: Snow Day Edition

IMG_3749

Feeling:  a little bit giddy about having a snow day. I don't work on Fridays anyway, but Tyler is working from home today, so we can just enjoy the beauty without having to worry about the danger of driving in it. There's something about snow that just brings out my inner child--I'm absolutely gleeful right now.

Drinking: coffee--a mix of Sinless Pastry and Starbucks Christmas blend. Is it wrong to mix the two? Maybe, but my taste buds are so very okay with it. 

Watching: the snow falling. It's so steady and peaceful. I'm sure we're in a snow globe.

Wearing: pajamas, and I'm not getting out of them today. Nope nope nope. Judge me.

Working on:  some Christmas crafts, cleaning the apartment, and wrapping presents. I keep bouncing between all of them. Playing with my new camera and working on Project Life pages will be my rewards if I get everything finished!

Eating: some leftover bacon from breakfast. I mean, whoever heard of leftover bacon anyway?

Thinking about: the few Christmas presents I still have left to buy. I'm racking my brain for ideas for Tyler's stocking; I've got a few planned, but it's really hard this year for some reason (probably because he doesn't want a lot, and what he does want, he buys! He's a tricky one).

Hoping: we're able to get out at least one day this weekend so I can snatch up remaining presents!

Excited about: staying in all day and being a little bit productive. Winter days are really good for that!

8 comments :

  1. Hah! My Tyler is the same way with gifts. The other hard part is that he is amazing at giving gifts so I never feel like mine live up. Glad you guys got some pretty snow and that you are enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, mine too! He also has much more restricted interests than I do, so that makes it even harder! I think we're getting some more snow tomorrow, but it isn't supposed to be very much. It can stick around as far as I'm concerned; if it's this cold, at least it's pretty.

      Delete
  2. The best day! (As long as electricity stays intact!) Enjoy it, and your new gear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our electric stayed on (thankfully!), but I had two different sets of friends whose heating wouldn't kick on! Yikes!

      Delete
  3. Boys are so tough to buy for. Does he shave? A subscription to the dollar shave club is kinda fun... And they have some shave butter that my husband loves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does a bit, but he's definitely a bearded fellow. He usually just uses an electric trimmer.

      Delete
  4. I only got to stay inside on Friday - I've been busy or working every day since then! I can't wait to get my chores done tomorrow - sad, isn't it?

    BTW, my new goal in life - figure out how to make my own lavender white hot chocolate a la Elle's. I could drink that stuff by the GALLON.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished