Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fading Fall

FF1

I'm not ready to let go of fall just yet. As much as I (triple-heart, mega) love Christmas--and let's be honest, my decorations have been up for over two weeks now--the tiny bit of cold weather we had last week was a huge shock. NOT READY. The trees have started to fade from their vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges into that dull, dead brown; some have already lost their leaves completely and stand around naked, showing their bones. Everything looks so...sad. I'm doing my best to stay in denial, but when I walk out the door early in the mornings....well, it's pretty hard to stay in denial about winter's rapid approach when you can see your breath and it takes ten minutes to scrape the frost from your car. And I swear that Mother Nature must be drunkenly screwing with us here in Missouri, because we woke up to temperatures in the teens last week, but were in the 60s and 70s by the weekend.  It's like she's saying, "Heh heh, look what I can do; I'm about to make you miserable for a few months." What a jerk.

I suppose there are nice aspects to the winter months too--Christmas, of course, and I don't mind a couple rounds of the fluffy white stuff (as long as I don't have to drive in it!). I do look forward to being able to work on a few craft ideas without having the constant desire to be wandering around outside (that I usually give in to, if we're being honest. Just ask the growing pile of unfinished projects in my living room). Still, though--I'd hang on to fall a little longer if I could.

2 comments :

  1. I am so ready for Christmas--but not for all the bad weather that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Give me a foot of snow on Christmas day, and back to 60* by New Year's, please.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished