Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wanderlust

Travel
Source

Lately I've had the strongest case of wanderlust--the kind that makes you just want to pack up and go, without considering the details or the consequences. I'm the type of person who, if given the opportunity, would sell everything I own and travel for the rest of my life, just living out of a suitcase. What I have matters much less than what I do, and for most of my life, my financial history has reflected this--I've always spent much more on experiences than things. Lately, though, that's not so much the case, and it has me feeling particularly stuck. It also has me digging through old travel guides and trying to find ways to live abroad for even just a few years.

Recently I told Tyler that I wanted to take a trip to England for my 30th birthday. He was all for it.  Our birthdays are only a little over a year apart, so we actually decided to take one big trip in between them to both England and Ireland, since Tyler has always wanted to go to the latter. Since we made the decision to go, I've spent nearly every free moment planning and budgeting and looking up travel possibilities--even though it's 2-3 years away. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if the wanderlust is to blame for my excitement, or if my extreme excitement about going back to England is making my wanderlust flare up. I just know that I can't wait, and I'll probably be obsessing over the details until we hop on the plane.

And if, in the meantime, we manage to find a way to move to England and spend our weekends wandering through Europe, that would be just fine, too.

Untitled



1 comment :

  1. Yay! Do it girl! What an amazing trip to plan, and plenty of time to save up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished