Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Since I've Been Gone....

It's hard to believe that I've only been away from blogging for a couple weeks, because SO MUCH has happened in just those few days. Here are a few of the things that have occurred since my computer died.

1) My car also tried committing suicide. (When it rains, it pours, right?) I mean, I HAVE been driving the thing for 10 years, and it wasn't new when I got it. I really couldn't blame it for giving up at this point. Thankfully, Tyler's dad is a pro when it comes to cars, and what I thought was the transmission going out was just a transmission fluid leak (a bad one, but one that's now fixed!). While he was at it, he also replaced a bad CV joint, fixed my blinker, AND fixed my rear window that's been held up with duct tape since October. Can you tell that my car isn't a thing I like to spend money on? Necessary repairs only, folks. This thing is in better shape now than it's been in years. Needless to say, my father-in-law is up really high on my list of awesome people right now....and my husband's, since he doesn't have to drive me around everywhere anymore.

Untitled


2) My mom had double knee replacement surgery. Talk about ouch. I didn't think it was *that* bad until she started telling me exactly what that entailed. I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to that kind of stuff, but it was truly nauseating. Look it up at your own risk! The worst part is, bad knees run on both sides of my family (my mom and maternal grandmother, plus paternal grandfather and my aunt on my dad's side all have had one or both knees replaced at this point) AND I did gymnastics for years and years, which is notoriously rough on the ol' knees....so I'm screwed. AND now I know the gory details of what's going to happen to me. Bah! Anyway, back to my momma--she had some minor complications, so I went to stay with her for a few days. Even though the situation wasn't great, it was awesome to have some time with her.

3) The blogger world blew up. Scandal, drama, thievery, and a good, ol' fashioned calling out. I may have been unable to blog for a couple weeks, but I definitely still read....and there was plenty to keep me occupied. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I will say that I think there is a lot to be said for artistic integrity and for those who'll defend it. I have immense respect for anyone who will stand up for what's right, even if that means backlash or losing followers. Blogging is great, but there are more important things than how many readers you have, and integrity is one of those things.

4) There was also good news; the royal baby was born! You guys, I gushed. I checked my phone at work about a million times. I was one of THOSE people. I swear, I'm English at heart. I just love England so so so much.

5) Speaking of England, I also watched the entire World Without End mini-series on Netflix (amazing), and the promptly went on a British history binge. Between that and the upcoming "proper" burial of King Richard III, I've been going through my collection of British history books like I only have a month to live. I'll spare you the details, though. You're welcome.

Untitled

6) The best news of all: Tyler got a new job! We're so so so excited (him probably more so than me)! After months of job searches, he now has a job (1) in his field (business/marketing) (2) that isn't 45 minutes away from home and (3) he doesn't dread going to every morning. Oh, and we'll actually have most weekends off together now. So life is pretty darn good around here.

Untitled

We also got Starbucks to celebrate on the day he got the big news. Happy all around.

So what have I missed? Any big things happening in your world? I feel behind. :)

2 comments :

  1. YAHOOOOOO for the new job.

    I can relate car-wise. I FINALLY traded in my 98 ZX2 last summer. 14 years with a car means I've paid my dues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so hard to think about going from no-car-payment to car-payment. Blech. I think I'll stick with my run-down wheels until they fall apart for good. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished