Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday shots

And by shots, I mean the film kind, not the alcohol kind....but I won't begrudge you if that's your thing. I mean, you could totally do some shots while looking at these shots, and it would probably make them look even better, right?

I digress already, and this post hasn't even really started yet. BLOGGER OF THE YEAR.


ANYWAY.

You know that new-to-me thrifted camera that I've been talking about pretty much every day since I got it? I flew through a roll of film and took it to be developed yesterday evening. I had another post planned for today, but I got so excited that the camera actually works(!) that I decided I'd throw up some of my favorite frames. Keep in mind that (1) they're totally unedited (I don't believe in post-editing film. I'm a bit of a snob about it, if you want to know the truth), (2) I haven't shot anything with a film camera for over three years, and (3) I didn't take much time with these since I was mainly just concerned with seeing how (read: IF) the camera worked. Alright, now that I have all my excuses out there, here are a few of my favorites.












You can see some of my older film shots here.

9 comments :

  1. Gorgeous shots girl!! (And that's saying it 100% sober... :) I can't believe you just stumbled upon that camera--a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! I'm getting back into the swing of it. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the shelf. I really thought it was too good to be true!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE them!! Especially the wildflower pics! Great. Now I'm going to have to beg my parents to let me borrow their old Canon. Where is that old bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! They aren't my best, but it's been SO long since I've used film. I'm trying to relearn everything--even re-reading my giant photography book that I've never managed to get through. Borrow your parents' the next time you visit (or I visit) and I'll teach you everything I know. That'll keep me disciplined about learning. :)

      That bridge is just southeast of Springfield. I completely forgot about it until yesterday when I saw somebody Instagram it. I'm putting it on our list for next time!

      Delete
  3. I'm kinda snobby about post-editing too! It just seems so dishonest to the nature of film photography.
    In love with these, Jess!
    I want to do a shoot with a disposable camera. Holy cow, I love those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I used to use SO MANY of those! I love that idea. Also, thanks! I'm ready to shoot more.

      Delete
  4. Love your photos. Can't believe your luck with that camera! :-) Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those pictures. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished