Sunday, April 28, 2013

Loving Lately: Poppies


I bought a packet of poppy seeds for 0.33 at Target a couple weeks ago. I figured I wasn't losing much if they didn't sprout, but they did! Now, even with my "black thumb", I have tons of tiny baby poppies! I need to split and re-pot them so they have room to keep growing; I didn't think they would actually grow, so I may have just dumped the whole packet in, instead of the 5-6 seeds recommended. Oops. I'm a rebel, what can I say? Thankfully, I have a bunch of terra cotta pots left over from the succulents I bought at our terrarium.  (Thank you, Wickman's!) Look at my little cuties!





Aren't they sweet? Poppies are one of my top three favorite flowers (the other two being ranunculus and peonies--all those layers!). They're just so simple.....and gangly......and awkward. I think it's the gangly awkwardness that's endearing about them. They look like they should fall right over from the weight of that big, bobble-headed flower blowing around on their tiny little stem. Hopefully mine survive long enough to be bobble-headed. In the meantime, I'll just occupy myself looking at all these pretty poppies I found online.


Source


Get in my kitchen, please and thank you.//Source


Source

                                                                Source

HOLY WOMB TWITCH. //Source

Oana Befort is amazing! // Source












2 comments :

  1. I love poppies and ranunculus too! Although WHERE can you get ranunculus around here!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to find any anywhere! I'm keeping my eyes peeled, though. Let me know if you run across any!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished