Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A little hair experiment...

A couple weeks ago my mom came into town for her birthday. If you follow me in Instagram, you know that I had bought some hair chalk and tried to prank her by making her think I had dyed the ends of my hair bright coral-ly orange. The prank was a complete fail (she didn't even notice, and when I brought it to her attention, she actually liked it!), but the hair chalk wasn't. I'm a huge fan of this stuff! It was my first time using it, and definitely not my last. If left to my own devices, I'm pretty sure I'd have my hair dyed like a rainbow and I'd be covered in tattoos...but my place of employment isn't too keen on the hair thing, so I have to keep it super temporary. It was nice to have a peek of orangey hair for the weekend.  

I took a few pictures (iPhone, sorry--my camera is MIA) during the process, and really liked the way it turned out. 

  

This is what I used. Tyler's sister is a hairstylist, and it was on clearance at the salon where she works.

 I went ahead and curled my hair before applying, and I was glad I did. I tried to re-curl a couple pieces after chalking them, and it did not work out well.  

During the process. It was super easy--you literally just rub it on, and set it with hairspray. 


 Ta da! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished