Sunday, March 17, 2013

loving lately: lavender

Oh, how I love lavender. It's beautiful, smells amazing, and I love the way it tastes. The first time I tried culinary lavender, it was completely by accident--I picked up a piece of fudge at an art show, and it was lavender fudge! I may have picked up a few more pieces after that. I've known for a long time that I liked floral teas, so lavender in tea made sense to me, but I'm amazed at how versatile it is.

We even had loose lavender for our guests to toss on us after our wedding!

Photo credit: Colby Moore

Here are some of my favorite lavender finds from the past week: 

Mmm. Lavender mojito from Sugar and Charm!
This lavender lemonade from The Talking Kitchen is making me dream of summer days.
Lavender fudge is my absolute favorite.
Lavender hot chocolate? Be still my heart. 

I love love love Lavender Earl Grey, and Twinings is one of my favorite brands. Unfortunately, their US site doesn't have this available, but I've had great luck just steeping a few buds of culinary lavender with a regular Earl Grey. Give it a try! 
This picture has single-handedly convinced me that I need a lavender garden. 



I can't wait to try this lavender sorbet recipe from  Sidewalk Shoes
This lavender ice cream from ABM looks amazing.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished