Thursday, February 7, 2013

life this week: hangouts, decisions, + fevers

Here are a few snapshots of my life over the past week.


I got to hang out with my brother on Saturday, which doesn't happen nearly enough for my liking, especially considering how close we live to one another. Our work schedules don't agree most of the time. We went for brunch at Aunt Martha's (post to come!) and spent some time in town. Then we came back to the apartment and he played guitar/Minecraft (and other games with Tyler when he got home) and I made this little embroidery project. It was super quick, but I kinda like it.

(Side note: I've been wanting to reupholster our couch, and my brother has offered to help! I can't wait. I love the shape of it, but the fabric is a little dated, worn, and grandma-ish...and not in a good, vintage-y way. It has a slipcover on it right now, but it gets twisted and raises up and is basically super annoying. I can't complain too much, because it was free [thanks mom!] and it's really comfortable, but I'm looking forward to having something that matches our decor a little better.)

I had a gluten-free cheat--a maple bacon cupcake at The Cup! That was my one caveat when I decided to go on the diet, and it was amazing. I decided shortly afterward to give up the GF diet, though--and it wasn't the cupcake's fault, at least not entirely. It's been over a month since I started, and I can't tell any difference at all. I'm still getting sick every bit as much, and I'm still just as fatigued; after I ate that gluten-and-sugar-laden cupcake, I felt basically the same as I had, no worse. I know it works wonders for some people, but I just guess I'm not one of them. So the bad news is, I feel no better; the good news, though is PASTA + PIZZA + OATMEAL + CRACKERS + TORTILLAS + KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS + JIMMY JOHN SANDWICHES + HAMBURGERS WITH A BUN!!! (I might be a little excited about this.)

My amazing husband bought me season 3 of Downton Abbey the day it released, so I spent some of Sunday catching up + drinking tea + embroidering. I didn't even get all the way caught up, though, because I got stuck on a particular episode that emotionally wrecked me. I'm serious. I broke into full-on sobs TWICE. If you watch + are caught up on Downton, you know which episode I'm talking about. I don't want to post any spoilers, though, so if you haven't seen it yet, just go watch it now. But do it alone, with lots of tissues and ice cream. Nothing makes me feel like I'm psychotically emotionally unstable like that show. All I know is that I'd like to fly to England and kick Julian Fellowes right in the butt. Seriously? You let something like that happen, but somehow Thomas of all people is still hanging around? Okay. I'm done. Sorry.


I made this, too. This was the product of my Sunday (and Monday night--I got distracted by my emotional devastation). I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with all of these. I just keep making different ones. I'm up to five, and they're just sitting in a basket right now. They're good practice, though.

I dropped a major hint about these to Tyler when we were at Target looking for medicine for my plague Tuesday. I think I said something to the effect of "I'm not saying you HAVE to get me these for V-Day, but if you happened to WANT to, I wouldn't turn them down. Also, I'm a 7.5." Haha.  I'm not smooth at all, but I DO know what I'm getting for V-Day. Haha. He picked out another pair, too, since they were on sale. I'm a pretty happy girl.

This is the look Tyler gives me when he finds me curled up in bed with the light on, running a fever, and sniffling like crazy. He thinks it's cute, in a really really pathetic sort of way. He seriously takes such good care of me, though.


He isn't the only one, either. His sister, Mandy, showed up at our apartment yesterday (while I was home sick) with two different kinds of tea, and a cupcake each for Tyler and I. It was basically the nicest thing ever, and that lavender coconut tea is heavenly. Any time I'm sick, I just want tea + soup. So comforting & warm. Hopefully I'm on the mend soon, for good. I'm really no fun at all when I'm feeling puny.

Hope you all had a wonderful week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished