Thursday, January 3, 2013

the most wonderful time of the year: part II

 The week after Christmas is the worst. All the presents are gone from beneath the tree, there's no more Christmas music on the radio, and I know it won't be long before I'll be packing all the decorations away until next year (hello, weekend project). I swear, post-Christmas depression is a real thing. And it usually starts ON Christmas for me, because I know everything's about to be over. Not this year, though!

Christmas excitement lasted a little bit longer, because we just celebrated with Tyler's family on Sunday. I had an extra five whole days of holiday cheer! We woke up early and drove to his mom's house in Arkansas. 


We passed this church on the way, and Tyler turned around so I could take a picture. It's so perfect and classic.

Boomer was the first to greet us. 


Presents!


LOVE this picture of Mandy. She was really excited.


Tyler's mom is making me a denim quilt! I can't believe it. When I was a kid, we had one that my grandma had made, and I've threatened to steal it from my mom so many times. They're so warm and heavy. It's amazing that she's putting so much time and work into making something so personal. I might have cried when I opened it. Maybe. 


LOVE all of these old pictures of Tyler's mom and uncle. Check out those glasses!

Uncle Tyler's so silly.


Creepy Santa strikes again.



Brylee and Boomer are basically BFFL.

Disney Princess Candyland. Tyler's standing up so you can't tell he's playing as Sleeping Beauty.


Mason and my second mom. :)


Boomer's a wee bit tired.


Sweet Brylee

On the way home, we stopped at Monett to see the lights again. It was every bit as beautiful as  it was the first time. 



I love Tyler's family so much. I really do believe I have the best in-laws in the planet. They've treated me like family since the day I met them, and I'm always overwhelmed by their love, generosity and kindness. I feel like they are every bit as much my family as the family I grew up with, and I know what a rare and beautiful thing that is. I am so very lucky. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished