Tuesday, January 8, 2013

tattoo tuesday: timshel


This will probably be my next tattoo. I say "probably" because I've really been wanting something with a graphic component to it lately. Of all the ones on my list, though, this is probably one of the most meaningful, and it's definitely the one I've wanted the longest. It's taken from my favorite book, John Steinbeck's East of Eden (which you probably know already if you, ahem, read my post from December 30th). Like how I worked that in there? Shameless. Here's a quick recap.)


Timshel is taken from Genesis 4:7, and means "thou mayest."
It's not a command. It's not a promise. 

It's a choice.
It's freedom.
It's the "ladder to the stars." 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished