Thursday, January 10, 2013

happy birthday grandma!

Today is my sweet grandma Iva's birthday! So many of my favorite memories involve her. She and my grandpa lived nearby growing up, and I was at their house almost every day. I can remember being a child and lying on the linoleum floor in the kitchen, listening to her sing while she cooked dinner. I always loved helping her decorate the Christmas tree, looking through her giant collection of photographs, and dressing up with her jewelry and satin nightgowns. I can't imagine my life without her. Happy birthday, grandma! I love you!





2 comments :

  1. That is one remarkable woman with a huge capacity to give and to love. Enough good could never be written about this wonderful lady. You are blessed, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. As a kid, I thought that everyone had grandparents as awesome as mine, but now I realize what a beautiful and precious gift I was given. So grateful.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished