Tuesday, December 11, 2012

tattoo tuesday: listen to the music

My second tattoo I got with my now sister-in-law, Kathy. She wanted to get her first tattoo, but wasn't necessarily thrilled with the idea of getting one alone. I already had been thinking about what my next one would be, so I volunteered to get one too! (As a side note, this is how getting a tattoo has always happened for me. I want one for over a year and plan exactly where I want it, but actually going to the tattoo parlor is always spontaneous. So strange.)

#2: Music notes. It's no secret that I love music. When I was a kid, I would sing Little Mermaid songs in the bathtub and climb up on the picnic table to give "concerts." I got a karaoke machine for Christmas one year. I sang at countless festivals and contests (and won some good stuff, too!) before I moved across the state, and even seriously considered moving to Nashville at one point....okay, many points. I have a demo cd that I recorded when I was fourteen, and no you can't hear it.  I love concerts, and some of my oldest friends are professional musicians in award-winning bands. I own years' worth of music. I couldn't escape music if I wanted to, and I don't want to, because it IS my escape. I knew I wanted a music-themed tattoo at some point, and I decided on this simple design. It's behind my ear for obvious reasons. :)
                                               

Next week: Love Wins


2 comments :

  1. Any time you are ready, Nashville is waiting for you! I've heard a demo. Don't know if it was the demo CD you speak of, but I've heard you sing. You have a lot of talent, if you ever decide to use it publicly for a fee, people will pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that, but thanks! :) I have enough friends who are touring musicians to know that it's definitely not the life for me; it's a lot harder than most people think! Not sure I could hack it. :) Still, I love to do it occasionally.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished