Monday, December 3, 2012

music monday: bon iver

For my first music Monday, I feel it's only fitting to feature one of my favorite artists: Bon Iver. I saw these guys live last year, and to be honest, I wasn't sure whether to be excited or not. As much as I adore their albums, I didn't know if they would translate that well into a live show. 







I was so wrong to doubt. It was absolutely exhilarating.


There is music that you listen to, and then there is music that you feel. I started listening to Bon Iver, and then it got under my skin. I can't shake it. Both albums are fantastic (and don't even get me started about how great their cover of  Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" is....), but for some reason, it's their second --"Bon Iver"--that I've had on repeat since it released.



{All of the hipsters in America are now plotting my demise for declaring it my favorite. Blasphemy and such. Sorry guys! I love you. Don't strangle me with your 1980s headphones and antique necklaces!}








"For Emma, Forever Ago" feels like a collection of charged moments; "Bon Iver" feels like breathing emotions in and out, or like having them wash over you in waves. And the song "Holocene" literally makes me teary-eyed.



Seriously: watch and listen, and try to keep from feeling something.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished