Thursday, November 16, 2017

Fleeting Fall

Autumn is typically my favorite time of year, but this year it was almost non-existent. We had weeks of 70+ degree weather, followed by a pretty drastic plunge into straight cold. It sure doesn't feel like fall when there's frost on your car nearly every morning. Kinda like the weather, everything has felt a little off for me lately. Do you ever feel like you're on the verge of something, but you don't know what? Like things are about to change, but you don't know when or in what way--or like they have changed, but you missed it somehow?  It all sounds rather nonsensical when it's all typed out like that, I suppose, but it really just all comes down to something bubbling beneath the surface that I can't quite pinpoint. 

I tend to be a pretty introverted, emotionally cognizant human, so it's kind of a weird place to find myself in, but it's also really causing me to grow, too. One of the hardest things for me is the waiting--being okay with not having all the answers right away. There's something really freeing about that, too, though--if you don't know what's coming next, you have no other choice but to focus on the here and now. So that's what I find myself doing a lot lately. Hoping a lot of things for the future, but really just living and loving in the moments I'm in. No matter the weather, that's a pretty great place to be. 



[Hat, jacket: Target // Sweater: F21 // Jeans: Old Navy // Boots: Madewell]


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished