Monday, October 16, 2017

Seattle

Over the past couple years, and thanks to the gal in that first picture, Seattle has really become one of my very favorite cities. It's big enough to have lots to do and progressive enough that I don't feel crazy, with lots of small local spots in individual neighborhoods. Layne was such a great tour guide for me last summer that I was able to do the same for Tyler on our trip, even though we only had about a day total in the city. We arrived on a Monday afternoon, and killed some time downtown at Pike Place Market until our Air BnB was ready. Once we found our accommodations and settled in (our hostess was the absolute sweetest!) we met up with Layne at Tacos Chukis for a quick dinner and then grabbed some drinks on the deck at Captain Blacks. We ended up spending the rest of the evening with her and her husband, Brandon, who met up with us for a trip to the University of Washington (for a gorgeous view of Mt. Rainier, below) and drinks & appetizers at Capitol Cider. Capitol Cider is probably one of my favorite spots in the city. I'm not a beer drinker, but I do love a good hard cider, and the black currant lavender cider I had that night will forever be at the top of my list. Mmmm.  


The next morning, Tyler and I woke up bright and early so I could show him some more of the city before we had to turn in our rental car. First stop was Kerry Park, for the classic view of the city skyline and Mt. Rainier that we've all seen in movies and a million postcards. Believe me, though--it's much better in person! 
After a quick drive to Fremont for a peek at the Troll, we headed to Gas Works Park, which was one of Tyler's favorite spots in the city. He wasn't quite as excited as I was to see the houseboat from Sleepless in Seattle, but the seaplanes and giant old gasification structures won him over pretty quickly. One of the things I love about Seattle is that there are just so many beautiful views, and the view from Gas Works is no exception. 
After a rushed morning through the Seattle streets, we turned in our rental (which I had fallen in love with and was more than a little bummed about returning), and Layne picked us up and drove us to the terminal to meet our ship, because she's an amazing friend like that. I'm pretty sure Tyler would move to Seattle in a heartbeat (although after our trip, Victoria BC might have given it a run for its money in his eyes--but that's another post entirely). Seattle, I love ya. <3 p="">

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished