Friday, May 19, 2017

School's Out


Today's the last day of school, and I couldn't be happier. Not that I don't love my job--I definitely do--but part of the reason I love it so much is that the schedule allows me to have a break before I hit burnout, and I've been so close to burnout the past few weeks. I do have an extended contract and I'm working summer school, but it feels good to have the year wrapped up and to move on to the next challenge. Summer school is also only half days, so I'll have lots of time to work on non-work related things in the afternoons--which is good, because my to-do list keeps growing: finalizing and booking my trip to England for next summer (I've already started on this one!), reorganizing my library of books, cataloging my records, scanning and organizing old family photos, sorting through my closet and taking donations to Goodwill are all toward the top, not to mention reading the pile of books that I checked out from the library this week.  Throw in a trip to the PNW, Alaska, and British Columbia, and I think my summer is pretty well packed. You know I'll find some time to wander our local art museums and camp out at some coffee shops, too, though.  What about you--any fun things planned for summer? You might have an idea that I need to add to my list. :)








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished