Monday, June 6, 2016

With Bells On

Last Saturday, I really just wasn't feeling it. You know when you wake up and you aren't sick or anything, but you just feel blah? That.  There were three festivals we had planned to go to, but suddenly none of them sounded better than tea and a book on the couch, you know what I mean? I finally talked myself into getting dressed and going to the Strawberry Swing pop-up craft fair in Brookside, though, and I'm so glad I did. My wallet is less glad, but I found some amazing things from local artists, and it really set the tone for the rest of the day. 

I went solo to the craft fair (we both had a case of the lazies, I'm tellin' ya), but by the time I went back home, Tyler decided that he wanted to go out too. We spent some time looking at camera lenses, then headed downtown for Lulu's Thai--it's life-changing, guys. So good. I hadn't really planned on taking any outfit photos, but by this point I had amassed six (SIX) compliments from total strangers on what I was wearing. That NEVER happens, so I decided to run with it. Tyler is a patient man.

At this point, we debated about driving up north for the Italian festival, but we decided to head down to Westport instead. (Tyler really wanted Andy's Frozen Custard, so I decided I'd trade the prospect of Peach Bellinis for some shopping.) We stopped by Mills for some records; I snagged the Glass Animals album I've  had my eye on and found a used Father John Misty album for cheeeeap.  
 On the way home, I decided to swing by a local vintage shop, Boomerang. I've had good luck with them previously, and their prices are SO reasonable. I'm so glad I did--I seriously hit the jackpot, and I can't wait to show you my finds. I'm dying over them. Sometimes the best laid plans are no competition for what can happen if you just let a day unfold naturally, and Saturday was the perfect example of that. Hope your weekend was carefree and fun!
Outfit: dress & hat: F21// tights: Target // boots: Madewell // rings: Kris Nations // Necklace: Broken Arrow // earrings: Wild Juniper

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished