Friday, April 1, 2016
Favorite March Posts
1. "Risotto Lorraine" at A Beautiful Mess. Quiche Lorraine is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods, and one of the things that my stepdad first taught me to cook. I would have never thought to combine those flavors with risotto, but I think it's a fabulous idea. Adding this one to my list of recipes to try.
2. "A Riff on Losing my Sweetness & Becoming Real" at Madison Hedlund. Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen. I want to print this off and post it somewhere.
3. "Old Books that Rock in Art Journaling" at Caylee Grey. Even though I joined the Get Messy crew quite a while back, I haven't gotten up the nerve to dive into art journaling. It's on my list of creative habits, though, so I'll officially be giving it a go in July. I've been working on compiling inspiration and resources, and this post speaks my language. There are few things I love more than old books, so this will definitely be something I incorporate in July.
4. "To Write// No. 1 Permissions" at Deer Circus. I truly truly hope Bridget publishes a book someday, because she writes so beautifully. I write, too--though nowhere near her level--but it rarely sees daylight. Like most things I do, I tend to put too much pressure on it. And sometimes I start, struggle, and throw the whole thing aside for another day--one much further in the future. And I stop writing in the in-between, which is quite the opposite of what I need to do. I love this post because it reminds me to take the pressure off myself, and just write, honestly.
5. "Finding Community Through Blogging" at The Blog Market The Blog Market is a recent addition to my blogroll, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it, because I've found it to be such a great resource. The community has been one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable parts of blogging, and I love that this is a focus.
6. "My DIY: Light Box Message Board" at I Spy DIY. Okay, I'm recently obsessed with finding a light box, so was a particularly timely post. I may have to give this a go!
Do you have any favorite posts from last month? Or did you write a post you're particularly proud of? Leave it in the comments so I can take a peek!