Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Winter Break Reading List




Winter break is just around the corner; it starts in 2 1/2 days, to be exact....not that I'm counting or anything. I've got a crazy-long list of things I want to do with my little vacation, but  I also want to sneak in some reading over the next couple of weeks. Here's a little peek at what's on my list (not pictured: the Game of Thrones books that have been sitting on my Kindle since last Christmas!).

Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott: I'm in a weird spiritual funk lately (I say "lately," I mean, "for the past few years"....) and I'm kinda done being miserable about it, and I'm just going to do something about it. What that something is, I'm not quite sure yet, but Anne is a really good place to start. 

The Women of the Cousin's War by Phillipa Gregory: I started reading this one weekend when I was still taking classes, but my schoolwork picked up and I never finished it. Phillipa Gregory's fiction is sort of my guilty pleasure reading. This is her first venture into non-fiction, but I really like it so far. I'm looking forward to picking it back up. 

The Discovery of King Arthur by Geoffrey Ashe: This is basically an examination of the bits of truth behind the legends of King Arthur. It's  a total nerd read, and I can't defend it. :)


Anyone doing any fun reading for the holidays? I'm looking for inspiration for my 2016 reading list!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished