Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Day in Eureka Springs

Untitled

Eureka Springs is a magical little town. Living only an hour and a half away, you would think I would have figured that out long ago, but it wasn't until this last year that I visited for the first time with Tyler (well, with the exception of a ghost tour at the Crescent Hotel when we were dating). A few weeks ago, we went back and brought my family along.

Eureka Springs successfully bucks nearly every stereotype you can come up with for Arkansas. It's a liberal art community, with gorgeous, well-preserved old buildings nestled in rolling hills. There are musicians playing on the street corners, and you can wander in and out of local stores and art galleries for hours....which we did.



Eureka


We also ate amazing food and picked up some fudge from a local shop (it's a good thing we don't live down there!).

LocalFlavor

When we finally felt like we could barely walk another step, we drove up to the crown jewel of Eureka Springs--the Crescent Hotel. There really aren't words to describe how beautiful this place is, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Untitled

Crescent Family

Crescent1

Crescent2

Crescent3

Crescent5

Crescent4

Isn't it gorgeous? My stepdad immediately walked in and made reservations for his and my mom's anniversary in the spring.

I've fallen head over heels for Eureka Springs. I see many many many more trips in our future!

2 comments :

  1. That place is beautiful! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at a pretty old hotel there, and we had to walk down a long spiral staircase. Of course I FELL all the way down the stairs and the preacher came running over to help me up! Other than that, it was perfect! :) #canttakemeanywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's perfect. I can so see myself doing something like that! At least you had a gorgeous place to do it in, right? :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished