Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vinyl Love // Ultraviolence

VL1

Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey

In 3 words: glamorous, captivating, dark (in a very, very good way)

Favorite tracks: Brooklyn Baby, Pretty When You Cry, Ultraviolence, West Coast

Ultraviolence has definitely been my go-to summer album, and honestly, my very favorite record release so far this year. In the interest of full-disclosure, I must tell you that I'm an unabashed Lana Del Rey fan. I swear she moves in and out of decades. She's so polarizing; most people love her or hate her (though I also get the occasional "who?" or "she's alright"--my husband falls into the latter category, which pains me to no end). She's endlessly fascinating, a walking paradox, and this is reflected in this record--it feels autobiographical, yet hyperbolic; melancholy, yet beautiful;  profound, yet tounge-in-cheek; vintage, yet ahead of its time. It's complicated, messy, and perfect all at once.

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished