Friday, August 1, 2014

Life Lately

Man, it seems like it's been forever since I've done one of these. I've been a slacker the past couple of weeks--which is doubly lame because the past couple of weeks have been pretty great, relatively speaking. Hopefully I'll do better in the coming weeks! Without further ado, here's what I've been up to:
3

1. I met up with the lovely Tessa at Elle's for some coffee and conversation. Her father passed away recently, so we spent a lot of time talking about grief and telling stories about our dads. It's just a very different thing to talk about those kinds of experiences with someone who really gets it--not that I would ever wish it on anyone. I'm not one of those people who necessarily thinks that everything has a deeper meaning or purpose, but I will say that sometimes suffering has the effect of allowing you to connect to others in a way you wouldn't have been able to before. And for that, I'm grateful. Also, we talked about makeup and faith and we laughed a lot, too. :) // 2. Started trying to eat healthier, then went to Five Guys twice in a week. I think I do better when I don't try to make resolutions. // 3. We have been hitting the library hard lately--which is awesome, because books, but also not awesome because I'm not reading any of the hundreds of my own I haven't yet read. // 4. Oliver has been super into watching Tyler play video games lately. He also tries to play along--there's a hilariously adorable video on my Instagram of him batting at the tv.



1

5,6. There have been lots and lots of granny evenings lately--in bed reading by 8:30. Not ashamed.

2

7. After ages of being "online friends," Haley and I got together for lunch last Friday. We ended up back at her apartment chatting about everything from politics and religion to makeup and scrapbooking. After awhile I looked down at my phone, expecting it to be about 2:00 or 2:30. NOPE. 5:10. (I was a little/lot embarrassed that I had stayed so long!) I had a sneaking suspicion that we'd get along in real life, but I had no idea we'd get along that well. :) So grateful for the (slightly weird) circumstances that brought us together! // 8. The Lavender DRY soda finally exists in Springfield! New favorite. // 9. We are those cat parents that buy furniture specifically for our fluffbutts. We picked up this child's chair at Target and they loooooove it. No regrets! // 10. Springfield is chronically late with all their magazine releases. I seriously waited almost a month for Fader, and Rolling Stone was over a week late, too. Normally I could care less (I didn't even know about it until I went to look for those two), but do not mess with my Lana love. It is real, it is deep, and--in the case of late magazines with cover stories on her--it is angry. But all is well now....and probably will be until she releases another new album. ;)

Hope you all had a good week!
(Also, HOW IS IT AUGUST ALREADY?)

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished