Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Currently.


Untitled

Feeling: sick sick sick.  Tyler had a bug last week, and he oh-so-graciously passed it along to me. Sharing is caring, huh?

Drinking: orange juice. So much orange juice (see above).

Watching: an SVU marathon. What else do you watch on a sick day? I mean, really. I've seen all these episodes already, which means that when I fall asleep for half an hour, I still wake up knowing what's going on.

Wearing: pajamas, in the form of sweatpants and a tank top...and I don't really plan on changing that.

Enjoying: how fall seems to slow me down and make me more pensive. I've been noticing life more, the smaller things in particular. Lately everything seems laden with meaning that I'm rediscovering, and it's pretty wonderful.

Reading: the last few pages of We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. I liked it a lot, but I felt like the last chapter was superfluous; there was such a good end point before that, mystery was solved, it should have been done. I felt like I was struggling through the last chapter of a book that was relatively short.

Believing: in myself a lot more. I know that sounds like a silly thing to say in my current couch-ridden state, but lately there have been a lot of people really speaking life and wisdom into my corner of the world. It's amazing how much power our words have sometimes.




8 comments :

  1. Sickness! The biggest downfall of Fall. But I'm glad you're making the best out of it and it's given you time to think. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Shirley Jackson, but just because of The Lottery. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Lottery! That's actually the reason I picked up this book. And thanks!

      Delete
  3. Poor girl!! I hope that you feel better soon, so you can get to enjoying outside fall festivities! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    I hope you are feeling better--and shame on Tyler for sharing that with you! Take care of yourself.

    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sick too!! It is just the worst!! Hope you start feeling better soon girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better!!!!!!!

    Love that juice glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished