Saturday, September 14, 2013

Loving Lately: Mineral Prints

I've mentioned this before, but I was a huge geology geek as a kid. I was always picking up rocks and minerals and bringing them home (a habit I'm pretty sure I got from my dad, since he collected arrowheads). Recently, while at my mom's, I found my old collection and went through it, looking at all the hand-written labels and tiny samples. I was such a weird kid. It was easy to see, though, why I was captivated by the different colors and textures, the way the light bounced off certain facets....it's like naturally occurring art. I started looking for ways to incorporate that into our home without having rocks laying around everywhere. Here's what the internet had to offer:


LL1
Source

LL3
Source

LL4
Source

LLnew
Source

LL5
Source

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished