Thursday, August 29, 2013

Loving Lately: Gallery Walls

If you look through my home decorating board on Pinterest, there are three things that I've pinned more than anything else: exposed wood, giant libraries, and gallery walls (okay, there's a lot of mid-century furniture in there, too). Lately I'm all about the gallery walls, especially--the bigger and more eclectic, the better.  I just love that they can be so personal--we have such a huge range of interests (heck, I have such a huge range of interests!), and the idea that they can all be represented is really exciting. Luckily, Tyler is also into them, because I've slowly been accumulating enough for a humble little gallery wall of our own. Landscape photography of the Pacific Northwest? Check. Maps? Check. Ornate frames? Check. Illustrations? Check. Watercolor paintings? Check. Embroidery hoops? Quadruple check. I'm bursting with ideas for it.


Gallery

gallery1

gallery2

gallery4

gallery3

gallery5

gallery6

gallery7
(All images found via Pinterest)

What are your thoughts on gallery walls? Love 'em? Hate 'em? I promise I won't be offended. ;)

8 comments :

  1. Ha ha I have a post coming up on gallery walls I think they are great such an easy way to make your space look sophisticated and chic and they could also be affordable.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! It seems like they're popping up everywhere these days!

      Delete
  2. i feel like we're kindred spirits here, i've been collecting prints and things for a gallery wall of my own. I'm moving into my new place this weekend and honestly all i can think of is how i want to present the things in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! I love moving--I mean, I hate packing, but LOVE unpacking. Getting to decide where things go and how to arrange them; it's like a blank canvas. Definitely post a picture when you get it all set up. I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  3. Love em! I have one gallery wall in my house--it's wedding themed of course. In our old apartment I loved the layout but in our new place it's a bit off. I'm not completely satisfied with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I really want one; our place is just REALLY tiny, so I'm afraid it might be overwhelming and make everything look cluttered. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it anyway, though. Worst case scenario, I have to take it down. :)

      Delete
  4. These are ALLLLLL great images. Love a good gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! I have two going right now that I keep adding to-and they are so big and eye-catching! They can definitely make a room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished