Monday, August 12, 2013

I just don't know what to do with this.

Can I be honest? I'm not really sure what to think of this new Civil Wars album. I mean, I want to like it, because Barton Hollow was so so so good....but it isn't Barton Hollow.  I mean, I'm not one of those people who thinks that every album from an artist needs to sound the same, either; I appreciate when artists can grow and change and try something new. The thing is, the Civil Wars' sound was really unique at first; this new album sounds a lot more generic...and some songs are more country (even modern pop-y country!) than folk. There's electric guitar in here, ya'll. If I didn't know it was them, I'm not sure I would be able to tell just by listening to some of the songs. The harmonies are are still awesome, and there are some stand-out songs I really really like, but as a whole....I just don't know. My brain can't process. What do you guys think? Have you listened yet?





Mobile link: click here


Mobile link: click here

1 comment :

  1. Somehow missed this post, so now I'm going to leave a comment!
    Um, I agree with you. I will tell you though, I immediately bought it on vinyl before even listening all the way through.
    Now that I've listened to it beginning to end? Nah, I wouldn't have shelled out 30 bucks on the thing. Love the beginning... they lose me about half way through. Oh, the sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished