Monday, June 10, 2013

Wedding Week(ish) + Music Monday: Our Wedding Soundtrack

Here's a very very special playlist--it's the track list from the CDs we gave as favors at our wedding, which was a blend of new, old, and older favorites. Music was such a huge part of our story that it just seemed like a no-brainer to us to make it a huge part of our wedding, too. I walked down the aisle to "Love and Some Verses," and "Home" was our recessional. We entered the reception while "The Wedding Band" played and then we had our first dance to "Nothing Fancy." (Gosh, I'm reliving the day just going through these right now.) So many of the others were found scattered through the course of our relationship--Tyler sent me mix cds filled with Angus & Julia Stone, Brett Dennen, The Swell Season, James Carrington, Josh Ritter, Josh Ritter, and Josh Ritter. He would slip in songs that hinted at his feelings before I knew that he liked me. And my blooming crush on him was perfectly contained in Katie Herzig's "I Want to Belong to You"--which I listened to obsessively during that whole period. I have so many amazing memories of each of these songs. Enjoy.

4 comments :

  1. Apparently we have similar taste in music, as well as clothing! Thanks for sharing :) My favorite is definitely "Nothing Fancy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave Barnes is the man! You should definitely share some of your music favs sometime!

      Delete
  2. Love this!! Such great tracks with a lot of great memories for you too I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Music can take me back like nothing else. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished